Top Reasons for Hiring a Consultant
- Bring temporary or ongoing expertise that supplements, not supplants, your existing staff. This knowledge can be transferred to your existing staff for their ongoing benefit.
- Obtain experience that you don’t have and to deliver results that you might otherwise not be able to afford fulltime.
- Bring in the ‘external expert’ who can introduce new and specialized skills, techniques and knowledge from other industries.
- Provide a fresh and objective viewpoint to a problem or opportunity.
- Have access to an individual who knows the best places to look and the right questions to ask.
In short, to maximize capacity and optimize efficiencies
Self Diagnostic Tool
Additional reasons for hiring a purchasing consultant:
- Reduce purchase costs to improve your profitability.
- Accelerate the timeliness of cost reduction initiatives, thus increasing the ‘speed to savings’.
- Provide price ‘bench marking expertise’ that would not be available internally.
- Cost reduction, quality and service improvements are usually immediate and transparent.
- Typically a high ROI on the cost of using an experienced purchasing consultant.
- Skills, tools and techniques can be adapted by existing staff for use in future strategic sourcing and negotiating activities.